COVID-19 Letter from East Portland Dentistry
We hope this post finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for East Portland Dentistry, and you may have seen this during your visits to our east Portland dental office. Our dental processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our office to keep patients and staff safe.
East Portland Dentistry has always exceeded infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this so that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Disinfection of all waiting areas and reception areas occurs multiple times each day.
- Air Scrubber Plus air purification systems are now in place in our office. They are designed to remove up to 90% of airborne micro-organisms.
- We have hand sanitizer that we recommend for use when entering our office and in the reception areas as needed.
- You’ll be asked a series of COVID-19 related screening questions prior to your appointment, as well as have your temperature taken with a scanning thermometer prior to entering clinical areas of the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and children’s books and toys since those items are difficult to clean appropriately.
- We have new barriers both in the front office and in clinical areas to keep our patients and staff safe.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling, though we will do everything we can to accommodate our patients.
- All staff is screened daily for COVID-19.
We look forward to seeing you again, and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (503)255-2424 or submit this form on our website.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, family, neighbors, and friends.
Joy Arend and our team at East Portland Dentistry